Health & Safety
Health & Safety
NZ Recruit is committed to the Health & Safety of all our people. Health & Safety is our number one priority. We believe that every person should go home free of injury every day.
We are committed to the protection of our people and others with whom they work, from accidental damage and adopt health, safety and welfare as a fundamental objective.
NZ Recruit is committed to continuous improvement in Health & Safety and working closely with our clients to comply with the current and upcoming relevant legislation, safe operating procedures, codes of practice and guidelines.
NZ Recruit is Site Safe registered and NZQA qualified (drug testing).
We have the following objectives:
- To actively foster everyone at NZ Recruit to have involvement in the company culture of zero harm behaviour
- To ensure NZ Recruit is an industry leader in New Zealand in Health & Safety and in looking after our people.
To meet these objectives management will:
- Take overall responsibility for Health & Safety standards in the workplace and conduct regular assessments on our Health & Safety performance
- Insist on a safe workplace, undertake site specific hazard identification, ongoing monitoring and carry out regular site toolbox visits
- Undertake robust recruitment, induction and screening processes to ensure workers are fit to undertake their roles in the workplace
- Encourage everyone to report any unsafe acts or behaviours without fear of reprisal
- Drive continuous improvement by reducing accident rates year on year
- Ensure everyone at NZ Recruit and its clients understand and accept their responsibility to promote a safe and healthy workplace
- Promote worker participation in Health & Safety by maintaining the rights of all workers and union representatives to actively participate in the annual review of the Health & Safety and injury management policies and procedures, and in hazard/risk identification and management
- Make the commitment to fully resource Health & Safety in the business and ensure that all personnel are regularly and appropriately trained
- Ensure that the commitment to Health & Safety from senior management is recognised through monthly reporting and annual performance reviews
- Recognise excellent Health & Safety practices from our people
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting and recording of all workplace accidents and near misses, supporting the safe and early return to work of injured workers
- Ensure injury prevention information and programmes are dynamic and based upon key risk areas and accident data trends
- Ensure everyone is treated with dignity and respect.